AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/13/2009 01:25:00 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Okay..... so we all know that teachers have the easiest job there is, right???? SO MANY people (my husband included) think that and......well, I beg to differ. Yes, we have GREAT holidays....until there is a hurricane, which seems to be making an appearance yearly now and we miss at least one day of school which is to be made up at a later date (CHRISTMAS holidays). And then there is the time when it snows and you get 2 wonderful, much needed days off, which have to be made up during SPRING BREAK (for crying out loud people, who came up with that?). But honestly, we do have great holidays and great hours, especially if you have a family. I love my job, don't get me wrong. I actually enjoy it. However, some of my students have just about driven me insane today.

One major problem is all the mouths that continue to move even when they've been told to be quiet. I promise you I tell them to be quiet and they look at me as if I've grown another limb or something. Then there are those who choose to just simply not do their work. What in the world makes them think they have the ability to say what they will or will not do? Maybe it's because I come from a family of educators, but I was raised KNOWING that we didn't have a choice. We simply did what we were told and didn't question the adult telling us to do it. Some of my students question me when they're given an assignment. They try to bargain with me about the quantity as well as quality of work they'll produce. WHAT?????? I just don't understand. Who has taught them to be this disrespectful? One student in particular was given an assignment and 2 hours later had not completed even half of it. What was the assignment? Well it was defining 20 simple spelling words. He only got 5 of them done in 2 hours time. Not because he's incapable, but because he's lazy and just doesn't understand why I'm picking on him and making him do all this work. Oh my word!! I think my blood pressure is going up again just thinking about it.

When did things change in our society to make our children think they can disrespect those in authority? I pray that I can be somewhat of an influence on my students and help them to understand the importance of respecting their peers, themselves, and their leaders. If anyone out there actually reads my blog, please say a little prayer for me and my students. I kinda lost my cool earlier, but I believe they got my point about respecting others!

0 comments: