Girl Time...plus a little more

1/12/2009 10:08:00 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
The weekend has come and gone quickly. Friday after school I went and bought groceries (stupid move for a Friday afternoon). I picked up pizza on the way home and David and I spent the night watching TV. Saturday I finally convinced myself that I had procrastinated long enough. I slowly and reluctantly began taking down my Christmas decorations. I pretty much "Christmas" the whole house. I got everything from the hall bath, kitchen and den taken down. I still have the living room and Cloie's room to finish. I must say, everything looks so bare now. I LOVE Christmas decorations and since this was the first one since we completely finished our house, it was decorated really well. We had 2 events at our house this holiday season and I wanted it to look really nice when everyone came over. So I guess I was very reluctant to take down all that hard work and thus led to my major bout with procrastination.

Saturday afternoon we kept our neighbors' twins (girl/boy). They'll be 3 at the end of this month so they're both pretty active, but we love keeping them. Conner absolutely loves David and I enjoy watching them interact. I hope we have a little boy one day so I can watch "my boys" do all the things that daddy's and their sons do.

Saturday night was girls night; no kids and no husbands!!!! Jackie, Niki and I get together as often as we can. Sometimes it's only once a month, but other times it may be every couple weeks. Our normal meeting place is El Sombrero in Brookhaven. We eat and just catch up on the happenings of our every day lives. We sometimes vent, cry, or laugh 'til we cry, but it's always so fun picking up where we left off the previous time. Jackie suggested that we go see Bride Wars this time, so we met at El Som, ate and then it was off to the movies! Niki didn't go see the movie with us and we hated that she didn't, but she had some other things to do before going home. This movie was great! We were laughing one second and crying the next. It was a typical chick flick and captured every emotion. I seriously hope there is a sequel to this movie! The ending left us thinking there was a serious possibility of it...I sure hope so! You should pay the $7.75 and go see it. I hate to admit it, but it was worth the admission!

I love spending time with the girls. It's amazing that through all the high school drama and then separation during our college years we are still the best of friends. Sometimes we may go a week or longer without talking and we still pick up right where we left off. We all know that if we ever need anything the other girls are just a simple call or text away. It's hard to find friends like that and I'm so thankful that God allowed these two special people to remain in my life.

0 comments: