Weekend Happenings

1/26/2009 12:21:00 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
This was a super crazy weekend! Friday was all excitement. I begin most weekends by going to the grocery store on Friday evenings after school. I went through my normal routine and when I got home my neighbors were outside so David and I went over to talk with them. They were hooking up to their camper getting ready to go camping at Percy Quin for the weekend. Their kids, Allie and Conner, came back to our house so they could get everything loaded and ready to go at a quicker pace. Not long after, Delisa called to let me know she was getting a few more things from inside the house and she'd be right over to get the kids. Well, the phone call was cut short....she gasped as she looked inside and realized someone had broken in their house! Luckily, nothing was taken, but all the furniture was turned upside down and just a mess. They called the sheriff's dept. and they came out to take a look at things. After talking with the deputy, they decided to go on camping. They're thinking it was someone looking for money for drugs, but we're thinking it's a group of teenagers that have been seen walking around in the area. You know, I just don't understand what would possess a person to break into someones home just to get the thrill of messing things up. Also, I said nothing had been taken. However, that is wrong. Their sense of security is definitely gone after being invaded in their private space. I can't imagine what they must be feeling right now as they're staying at their home again. If anyone is reading this, please say a prayer for them. Delisa is having a difficult time being back at home.

Saturday was just a lazy day for me. David and our friend Clint went looking at/dreaming about 4 wheelers. They both decided what they'll be getting when they do get one. I can't speak for Clint and Myranda, but it will be several months before David can get a new one. We're all about paying off un-needed debt and SAVING!!! When he does get one this is similar to the one he's wanting.






I spent my time at home just relaxing on the couch and cleaning up and washing way too many clothes for just 2 people. I often wonder how we end up with so many dirty clothes in the laundry room....it just doesn't make sense!
Later Saturday afternoon we went out to Percy Quin to visit with Mike, Delisa and the "babies". This was a special weekend for them. The babies aren't babies anymore. They turned 3 on Saturday. Mike had grilled chicken and hot dogs and Delisa had all kinds of side dishes prepared for everyone. We all enjoyed some really great food and definitely enjoyed the time spent with each other. They had a "Dora & Diego" birthday cake that was absolutely wonderful! The girl that made it also made Cloie's cake back in August. Allie and Conner loved opening all their gifts and were so excited about each and every gift. It was so fun watching them! I can't wait for our turn at watching our little one open gifts someday.

The rest of our weekend was pretty laid back. We watched the movie "The Women" Saturday night when we got back home. It was pretty good. The language wasn't all that great, but there were some funny parts to it. Sunday we went to church both morning and evening and had great services. Next Sunday David is going to start "serious practice" for our Easter Cantata. I can't wait! The music is so pretty and the songs all have a good message. This is the name of our cantata this year:



There are several familiar songs and hymns that have been incorporated. I can't wait to see what all God reveals to us through this music.


Hope you all had a great weekend as well. I have a refreshed feeling today and I'm hoping this feeling stays with me for a while!









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really scary about your friends being burgled! At least they weren't at home when the people broke in!